Albacore Tuna Vegetable Salad
This has always been one of my favorite dishes because it looks so beautiful and it is so delicious! Sometimes we use salmon, but if the tuna is on sale, we tend to use that more!
- 2 albacore tuna steak filets
- mixed greens
- Mixed vegetables (suggestions: heirloom tomatoes, red bell pepper, red onion)
- 1 lemon
- Goat cheese (I like the herbed kind, but any kind will do)
- sesame and poppy seeds (or bi-color sesame seeds)
- Balsamic vinegar
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
Coat the tuna steaks in sesame and poppy seeds, and sprinkle lemon juice on top. Sear the tuna in a pan (around 3 min on each side).
Fill a plate with mixed greens and vegetables of your choice. Add the goat cheese, cashews, and avocado. Pepper the top of the salad. Lastly, sprinkle balsamic vinegar on top of everything. Serve and enjoy!