This meal was super yummy and great as leftovers too! David had bought some chicken chorizo that was antibiotic/hormone free, organic, etc etc or I’m not so sure I would have been thrilled on chorizo, but it was delicious!
- 1/2 package ground turkey (the one in the rolls)
- 1 package ground chicken chorizo
- 3 cups veggie pasta
- 1/2 can tomato paste (no sodium added)
- 1/3 yellow onion, chopped
- 1, 2 oz can green chiles (the can with the least amount of sodium)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro
Saute the chicken chorizo and the turkey together in a pan over medium heat (you don’t need any oil, but if your pan is a bit dry, add a touch of water!). Once the mixture starts to brown, add the tomato paste, onion, green chiles, and garlic. Turn the heat to low and allow to simmer for 10-20 minutes (the longer the better, but as long as the meat is cooked all the way through, you are good!).
Meanwhile, boil a pot of water and add the veggie pasta. Once the pasta is soft, drain the pasta and mix it into the meat/veggie mixture. Allow the whole concoction to simmer on low for 2-3 minutes and then serve with a cilantro garnish!