Greek Bison Pitas
These turned out to be super yummy and I had most of the ingredients already! They would really be best as a lunch though, but delicious either way!
- 1 lb Bison meat
- pita pockets
- 1/4 large onion (chopped)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 orange bell pepper (chopped)
- 2-3 garlic cloves (chopped)
- greek seasoning (I didn’t have this, so I used: basil, oregano, cumin, garlic powder, rosemary, pepper)
- 1 tomato (chopped)
- arugula (or mixed greens)
- 1/2 cup reduced fat feta cheese
- 1 cup non-fat greek yogurt
- 1 lemon (or 1 tablespoon lemon juice)
Put Bison, bell peppers, garlic, and onion into a skillet and cook until Bison is browned. Add the greek seasonings in while cooking. Meanwhile mix yogurt with lemon and pepper; set aside. Cut open pitas and smear some of the yogurt sauce onto one side of the pita. Load the pita with arugula, tomatoes, and feta and then add the bison/veggie mixture and enjoy!