This was definitely one of the best dishes that I have ever made – hands down! So fresh and such a great blend of spices!
- 1 lb lean beef
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 1/8 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (with the juice NOT removed) – make sure to buy a low salt can
- 1 T ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 can or frozen peas (drained and rinsed)
- seasonings: 1/2 tsp cayenne, 1 garam masala, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp olive oil
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and allow to cook for 1-2 minutes. Next add the ground beef and seasonings. Once the beef is starting to brown, add the peas and the can of tomatoes. Partially (but not fully) cover the pan and cook until the beef is almost all brown. At this time, add ginger and cilantro. Allow to cook for another 3-4 minutes. Serve! We served ours with a whole wheat naan bread.