Lamb Lettuce Wraps
Man o man was this yummy!
- 1 package lamb (1 lb I think)
- 1 head romaine lettuce (the big leaves to be used as wraps)
- 2 long carrots, shredded
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 cup bean sprouts (or sprouts)
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth (the new Pacific brand has the least amount of sodium!)
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 green onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons 5-spice powder
- 2 T basil
Cook brown rice separately. Put a splash of water in a pan, add the lamb and cook until slightly brown. Drain the meat and return to pan. Add ginger, bell pepper, green onion, broth, hoisin sauce, 5 spice. Peel apart lettuce head into sections to serve as wraps. Shred the carrots and set aside. Serve the rice, sprouts, and shredded carrots as toppings to the wrap. Enjoy!