Mango Indian Stir Fry
This meal is a combination of a winter dish and a summer dish – it is filling and ‘wintery’ as well as zesty and ‘summery’. A unique flavor combination that is really good! It came out very colorful too!
- 1 lb lean beef (or bison)
- 2 cups green beans (edges trimmed off, cut into 2-inch pieces)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1, 14-oz can of lite coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 mango, chopped
- 1 lime (sliced)
- pepper, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon asian 5 spice
- 1 teaspoon garam masala spice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup dried long grain brown rice
1. Prepare the rice to be cooked (per the directions on the bag/box/etc) since the rice will take the longest.
2. Cook the beef over the stovetop in a pan over medium heat (cook until browned). Drain the liquid from the beef and set aside.
3. Place the green beans and bell pepper into another pan and cook just until the beans start to soften (or begin to color) – about 2-4 minutes.
4. Add the coconut milk and curry paste to the veggies. Allow to simmer until sauce cooks down to desired consistency (I kept mine still a bit liquid-y!)
5. Add the beef and the mango to the mixture and allow to simmer for an additional 2-4 minutes.
6. Serve with at least 2 lime wedges per plate and make sure to squeeze the lime onto the meal (for the zesty flavor)!
7. Serve with long grain brown rice. Enjoy!