Pesto Goat Cheese Pork Chop Pasta
That name was a mouthful and so was this dish! Super yummy! We concluded that it was a bit heavy since it was served with pasta and perhaps would have been a bit better if it was served with a lighter grain (like cous cous).
- 3 pork chops
- basil pesto (enough to put a thin layer on top of the pork chops)
- 2 T goat cheese
- 1 package brown rice pasta
- 2 cans diced tomato (I bought the no salt added one that is flavored with basil and oregano)
- 4 mini bell peppers, chopped (or 1 whole bell pepper, but the smaller ones mean that you get to have more colors)
- 2 shakes hot sauce (we used ‘O Face’ made by Horsetooth Hot Sauce)
- 6 mushrooms, sliced thinly
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spread a thin layer of basil pesto on the pork chops and put them in the oven for 18 minutes or until ALMOST cooked completely through. Meanwhile, cook the pasta over the stove. In another pan on the stove, add the diced tomatoes, bell peppers, mushrooms, and hot sauce and simmer over low-medium heat. Once the pork is almost cooked through, take the pan out of the oven and sprinkle goat cheese on top of the pork chops. Return the pan to the oven for another 2-3 minutes. Serve and enjoy!