This meal was phenomenal! I made it for 6 people and we still had a little of leftovers!
- 2.5 cups cooked quinoa (I used rainbow colored quinoa)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 1 cup artichoke hearts (the ones that are marinated in oil)
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- juice of 1 slice of lemon
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella as topping
Pre-cook the quinoa (in a rice cooker or over the stove top). Also pre-cook the chicken – I used a little bit of olive oil that was infused with harissa so it gave it a tiny bit of spice. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a food processor, combine feta, skim milk, garlic, and lemon juice and blend until smooth. Mix the rest of the ingredients together in a bowl (except mozzarella) and add the sauce mixture from the food processor. Blend everything together and put in a oven-safe glass pan. Sprinkle the top with mozzarella cheese. Put in the oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese on top looks soft and melted.