Salmon Salad Nicoise
This was not only beautiful, but it was incredibly delicious! I think I made the ‘mmmmmm’ sound all the way through this meal!
Ingredients (enough for 2 people):
- salmon filets (2)
- mixed greens (4 cups total, 2 for each person)
- asparagus (8 stalks)
- green beans (10 green beans)
- red potatoes (4), cut in quarters
- hard boiled eggs (2)
- 1 small tomato
- For the dressing: 3 T balsamic, 1 tsp horseradish mustard (or brown mustard), juice of 1 lemon wedge
- For the salmon toppings: pesto, seasonings (oregano, cumin, basil, juice of 1 lemon wedge for each salmon filet)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. While oven is preheating, boil the eggs in a pot to hard boil them. Coat the salmon with pesto, seasonings, and lemon. Cook the salmon for 20 minutes or until flaky and cooked all the way through. On the stovetop, I had a few pots going at once: boiling the potatoes in one, steaming the asparagus in another, and boiling the beans in the last one (you could probably put them all in one pot if you wanted to)! Make the dressing in a little ramekin. Compile all on a plate and serve!