Slow Cooked Indian Pork Chops
This turned out super flavorful and hearty!
- 1 package of 3 pork chops
- 1/4 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 sweet potato, chopped
- 2 cups low sodium broth
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 3/4 cup fat free greek yogurt
- 1 small can mild green chiles (I picked the one with the least sodium)
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- seasonings: garam masala, cumin, cinnamon, basil (about 1/2 teaspoon of each)
Place pork, broth, brown rice, greek yogurt, chiles, garlic, and seasonings into the crock pot on high for 4-6 hrs (or low for 8-10 hrs). Check every few hours that there is still a bit of liquid (if not, add even more broth). With 2 hours prior to serving, add in the onion, jalapeño, and sweet potato. Serve once the pork is cooked all the way through!