Stir-Fry with Brussels Sprouts
This was a spur of the moment meal decision that turned out to be really yummy! The Brussels sprouts I like to boil until they are soft, transfer them to a colander, cut off the ‘stem part’ and then peel the leaves back into a pot. Then I add a little bit of butter, pepper, and any seasonings and cook them until they are browned (seriously the browner the better!).
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 head broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced (I like to use a garlic press)
- 1 T teriyaki or soy sauce
- 1-2 t hot sauce (make sure to find one that is low sodium, since the teriyaki/soy sauce is loaded with sodium)!
- 1/8 cup crushed peanuts (I put mine in a food processor)
- ground pepper, to taste
Put all vegetables together in a pan and cook over medium heat. In another pan, cook the meat over medium heat. Once the meat is browned, drain the liquid through a colander and transfer the meat to the pan with the veggies. Combine with peanuts and allow to cook for 1-2 minutes longer. Mix and serve! We paired ours with a whole wheat cous cous, but brown rice would be great too!