Super quick and delicious kale burritos
These took almost no time to cook and they were super good. Plus, the fillings are completely salt free! You could easily make this vegetarian by using tofu instead of ground turkey, and it could be vegan as well by just cutting out the cheese! Also great on a salad as leftovers!
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2-3 cups of shredded kale
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1, 15-oz can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- ground pepper, to taste
- optional: whole wheat tortillas, low fat white cheddar cheese, fat free greek yogurt (to use in place of sour cream)
1. Cook the ground turkey and onion over medium heat on the stovetop. After 1-2 minutes of cooking, add the red bell pepper, kale, and spices.
2. Melt the cheese on tortillas in the oven or microwave
3. Serve once ground turkey is cooked through and kale has wilted. Enjoy!