Teriyaki Turkey Wraps
These are always a fun thing to serve, especially when you have guests over!
- Ground turkey (1/2 lb) – next time we would rather make 1 lb and have leftovers!
- 4 assorted colored mini bell peppers (or 1 large bell pepper – your color preference!), chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp ginger, minced
- 3 Tbsp peanut butter (all natural without added oils)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 packet red pepper flakes (or 1 tsp to 1 Tbsp depending on how spicy you like it!)
- 1 tsp honey
- Juice from 3 lime wedges (around 3 Tbsp lime juice)
- 2 Tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped (I actually think it would have been better to use cilantro, but either way!)
- Lettuce wraps (we used romaine)
- 1/8- 1/4 cup crushed peanuts
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a skillet. Add the bell peppers, onion, garlic, and ginger. Add the turkey until it browns (breaking it apart with a spatula as it cooks).
- While these are cooking, prepare the sauce. In a small bowl mix together the peanut butter, lime juice, honey, teriyaki sauce and cilantro.
- Once the veggies and the meat start to brown, stir in the red pepper flakes.
- Pour the sauce over the mixture in the skillet and blend.
- Serve the mixture with the lettuce wraps and the crushed peanuts.