Spicy ground turkey fajitas
These were really good! Even more so than we expected! The only thing that might have made them better would have been to have cilantro and avocado (our avocado wasn’t ripe enough to eat)!
- 1 lb ground turkey (extra lean)
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- bell peppers, chopped (I used 3 mini bell peppers-red, orange, and yellow)
- 1/4 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp chili powder (I might use a bit less next time, this was really spicy for me!)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ground pepper, to taste
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and bell peppers and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the garlic, chili powder, cumin, and oregano and stir. Mix in the ground turkey, breaking it up as it cooks, until it is cooked through. Add the tomato paste, water, apple cider vinegar, pepper, and brown sugar and stir. Reduce the mixture to a simmer and allow to sit for a few minutes.
Serve with taco shells or tortillas, cheese, sliced tomato, chopped avocado, cilantro, lettuce, etc. We served ours with tomato and chopped lettuce (although the lettuce is not pictured here) and it was delicious!